All fees are low in an effort to help inventors have a chance of having left to promote their idea to the market. Below are some pricing guidelines, which may change due to the complexity of the invention. USPTO filing and issue fees change, sometimes at short notice.
Utility Patent Application
- Application and drawings: $2,400 (based on inventors qualifying for micro entity status, income less than $212,000 and no more than four previous filings)
- Argument fee (each) $600 (usually 1 or more arguments for utility patents, arguments occur typically 12 to 18 months after application is submitted)
Design Patent Application
- Application and drawings: $650
- Argument fee (each) $500 (usually not needed for design patents, arguments occur typically 6 to 12 months after application is submitted)
Provisional Patent Application
- Fee to prepare application and drawings, plus USPTO filing fees: $500
Please contact Don at email@example.com or 612-414-4118 for more information.